By Outdoor Adventures Hungary
200€ – private ride
The extraordinary sightseeing experience on river Danube! Spend an unforgettable afternoon on the Danube river with sightseeing from a super stable raft boat. See the city from a special point of view, without the crowdedness of the most popular places.
We start our ride from the Northern section of Budapest and as we paddle down along the twist of the river, we pass by all the main attractions, which are perfectly visible from the river. Among other notable buildings, you will see the magnificent Parliament, paddle under all the historical bridges, admire the ridges of the Buda hills as they rise above the city. At the end of our trip we arrive at an intimate bar on the river bank, surrounded by a natural reserve and calm waters.
This is a fully guided tour so I will tell stories about the sights and their role in the history of Budapest.
Before we set sail I teach you the basics of paddling and how to behave on the river. I provide safety vests and dry bags in which you can carry your most important belongings. The boat we use is made for white water adventures, so super stable and almost impossible to tip over.
The meeting point is at the HEV (H5) station called “Timar utca”. I will wait you there at the given time. Google pin: – click for the google maps link.
We paddle in rain, but we don’t set sail in thunderstorms or under any life threatening conditions. During hot summer days we suggest you use sun protection cream and wear a hat. In windy condition bring your wind coat with you.
The paddling is not physically challenging, everybody can manage it, who can sit in one place for two hours. We paddle 10 kilometers on the river. Swimming skills are not compulsory.
what to bring
- Good mood 🙂
- Please check the forecast and choose your clothes accordingly. It can be a bit cooler and windier on the water.
- Drinking water.
- You can bring some snacks, energy bars.
- We ask you not to bring lots of stuff with you, but have your essential belongings with you. We provide waterproof bags in which you can put your electronic equipment or anything you don’t want to get wet.
- We sit in and get out from the boat in dry conditions, but as we paddle on water your feet or your trousers may get wet.
price and booking
The price includes:
- Equipment for the paddling (paddles, life vest, boat)
- Lesson on paddling and safety
- English speaking guide
The price doesn’t include:
- Traveling back from the end point to the city centre (both public transport and taxi are available)
14 days prior to the event: full refund
7-14 days prior to the event: 50% refund
No refund within 7 days of the event date.
In case we cancel the event because of technical or weather issues you can choose between booking for another date or asking for a full refund.
This is a private raft ride that you can book from april till november. The price mentioned above is valid till 6 guests. We can manage bigger teams as well, please ask for a quote in an email.