By Outdoor Adventures Hungary
We start our ride from the Northern section of Budapest and as we paddle down along the twist of the river, we pass by all the main attractions, which are perfectly visible from the river. Among other notable buildings, you will see the magnificent Parliament, paddle under all the historical bridges, admire the ridges of the Buda hills as they rise above the city. At the end of our trip we arrive at an intimate bar on the river bank, surrounded by a natural reserve and calm waters. You are our guest for a refreshing beer or a soft drink at the bar!
This is a fully guided tour so I will tell stories about the sights and their role in the history of Budapest.
Before we set sail I teach you the basics of paddling and how to behave on the river. I provide safety vests and dry bags in which you can carry your most important belongings. The boat we use is made for white water adventures, so super stable and almost impossible to tip over.
The trip includes the drive from the meeting point to the starting point of the adventure. From the finish point you can easily get back to the city center either by public transport or by taxi.
In the parking lot of the Keleti Railway Satation – click for the google maps link. Watch for the grey Ford van with a big yellow boat on the top :).
We paddle in rain, but we don’t set sail in thunderstorms or under any life threatening conditions. During hot summer days we suggest you use sun protection cream and wear a hat. In windy condition bring your wind coat with you.
The paddling is not physically challenging, everybody can manage it, who can sit in one place for two hours. We paddle 10 kilometers on the river. Swimming skills are not compulsory.
what to bring
- Good mood 🙂
- Please check the forecast and choose your clothes accordingly. It can be a bit cooler and windier on the water.
- Drinking water.
- You can bring some snacks, energy bars.
- We ask you not to bring lots of stuff with you, but have your essential belongings with you. We provide waterproof bags in which you can put your electronic equipment or anything you don’t want to get wet.
- We sit in and get out from the boat in dry conditions, but as we paddle on water your feet or your trousers may get wet.
price and booking
- Pick up in the centre of Budapest
- Equipment for the paddling (paddles, life vest, boat)
- Lesson on paddling and safety
- English speaking guide
- A beer or a soft drink at the end of the trip
The price doesn’t include:
- Traveling back from the end point to the city centre (both public transport and taxi are available)
14 days prior to the event: full refund
7-14 days prior to the event: 50% refund
No refund within 7 days of the event date.
In case we cancel the event because of technical or weather issues you can choose between booking for another date or asking for a full refund.